How to register for a library card

Registering online is super easy!

Erly Moya Machuca

Last Update één maand geleden

You can register for a library card online at iluminalibrary.com. Ilumina Public Library cards are free to El Paso County Residents and El Paso County Employees. 

Adult library cards are good for 2 years from the date issued/renewed. Ilumina Public Library is not the same as El Paso Public Libraries; this library is a separate entity. If you already have a library card with El Paso Public Libraries, you will still need to sign up for a card with Ilumina Public Library to access our resources.

Youth library cards are for library members that are under 18 years of age. They are good for 2 years from the date issued/renewed or until the child turns 18, whichever occurs first.

All accrued library fees must be paid in full before renewing library card.

Physical Material Loans:

Tablets and hotspots are available to check out at a physical library location or a County Community Center that offers Ilumina Library Services. Patrons must be 18 years of age or older to check out the devices. Patrons must complete a Device Lending Agreement. Patrons must present a valid and acceptable photo ID, and proof of their current residence.

Acceptable Photo Ids

Texas Driver License

Texas Department of Public Safety ID

Non-Texas State Issued License or ID


Military ID

International Driver License

Non-US Driver License or permit

Credencial Para Votar ID (Mexico voter registration card)

Non-US Consular ID

Resident Alien Card

El Paso Police Department ID

Texas Offender ID

Texas Concealed Handgun License

Government issued ID with an identifying number

School ID

Acceptable Proof of Current Residence Address

Driver license, temporary Texas Drivers License or Learners Permit

Texas Department of Public Safety ID

School ID (if school campus is located in El Paso County)

School schedule (if school campus is located in El Paso County)

Report card (if the school campus is located in El Paso County)

Personalized check, savings passbook, bank or credit union statement

Utility deposit receipt or utility bill from the past 30 days

Credit card bill from the past 30 days

Current Voter Registration Card or notarized temporary Voter Registration Permit

Current vehicle registration or liability insurance

Official rent receipt; rental agreement, contract or lease

Lost or Stolen Library Cards

The library card holder or parent/guardian of a youth library card must report a lost or stolen library card immediately by calling the library. Card holders are held responsible for any items or fees incurred before the library card is reported as stolen.

Was this article helpful?

0 out of 0 liked this article

Still need help? Message Us